For the lazy summer nights when your loved ones are yearning some yummy food,here is a quickie for four tantalizing dishes.
Griddle style Philly Steak sandwiches
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- salt to taste
- seasoned salt to taste
- 1 pound thinly sliced roast beef
- 4 submarine rolls, halved
1. First heat the electric griddle and put it on medium-high heat. On one half of the griddle, place the mushrooms, onion and pepper. On the other side, place the roast beef. Cook and stir each group separately, chopping the beef into smaller pieces as it cooks, and seasoning with salt and seasoned salt.
2. When the vegetables are tender and the beef is hot, place the slices of provolone cheese over the beef to melt. Turn off the griddle. Scoop the cheesy grilled beef into sandwich rolls, and top with the onions and peppers.
Spinach & Artichoke Pita Panini
- 1 pound frozen chopped spinach, thawed – but not cooked
- 1/2 cup chopped artichoke hearts *
- 3 tablespoons very finely chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 2-1/2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 8 3-inch “mini” pita breads
- 8 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
Drain the spinach, pressing out as much water as possible. Place the drained spinach in the center of a dark kitchen towel (this will stain the towel), wrap tightly, then squeeze until no more liquid remains. Transfer to a bowl and break up with a fork. Add the chopped artichokes, onion, garlic, feta, oregano, basil, and mozzarella. Stir until completely blended.
Split the pitas horizontally with a serrated knife. Brush the outer sides with olive oil. Lay the pitas on the work surface oiled side down; lift tops and keep next to bottoms. Divide the spinach mixture equally and place on the bottom pitas; spread evenly. Place the pita tops on the spinach mixture, oiled side up. Now heat the electric griddle to around 300 defrees and arrange the pitas on the bottom plate.Cook for around four minutes until the filling is warm and the outer part is crispy and brown.
Make some tasty Griddled Grits !
For the lazy summer nights when your loved ones are yearning some yummy food,here is a quickie for some tasty Grits with clinatro oil.
- 14 ozs fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cups quick-cooking grits (uncooked)
- 1 tsp salt
- 12 tsp black pepper (freshly ground)
- 2 ozs fontina cheese (diced)
- butter flavored cooking spray
- 2 green onions (thin, cut into 1)
- 12 cup cilantro leaves (packed fresh)
- 12 cup canola oil
- 2 tsps sherry vinegar (white wine)
Switch on the electric griddle and use the temperature control button to heat the surface.Now bring 4 cups water and broth to a boil in a 4-qt. saucepan over the griddle. Stir in grits, salt, and pepper in the said quantities. Bring to a boil, and cook, uncovered, 8 minutes or until very thick. Add cheese, stirring until it melts. Remove from heat, and pour grits into a 13″ x 9″ pan coated with cooking spray. Set aside the pan for some time so that it cools completely. While grits cool, take a mixer and process green onions and cilantro.Make sure they are minced well. Now with the mixer running slowly add oil, and process until well blended. Pour cilantro oil into a small saucepan & set aside. Cut cooled grits into 8 rectangles. Cut each rectangle into 2 triangles. Place a 12″ cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot; coat skillet with cooking spray. Add half of grits rectangles to skillet, taking care to keep rectangles together for easier turning. Cook 3 minutes; coat tops with cooking spray; turn and cook on other side 3 minutes or until golden. Transfer grits to a serving platter, separating rectangles into triangles, and keep them warm. Repeat procedure with remaining grits rectangles. Heat oil mixture over medium heat just until warm. Remove from heat, and stir in vinegar. Drizzle 1 tsp. oil evenly over each triangle and serve with remaining oil, if desired. Your yummy foodie for today is ready to be tasted !
Recipe for Pancakes on the Griddle
Griddles with their unique abilities can be used to cook multiple dishes which are not only healthy but are relatively easy to do.If it is a quiet Sunday when your children are craving pancakes here is a quickie for some delicious pancakes on your favourite Griddle.
- 1 egg
- 1 c. milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. oil (for griddle)
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 1/4 c. flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
Break the eggs in a bowl and use a rubber scraper to stir the mixturewell.You can add a little milk and 1 tablespoon oil.Pour the mixture into a glass jar and screw the lid tighly.Shake well to mix.Now take appropriate amounts of flour,sugar,1 teaspoon of baking powder and salt into the jar.Close the lid tightly and mix well.If you need it put it on a mixie and give it two shots.Make sure that the batter should be slighly lumpy. Now take a paper towel to rub a little oil over the cold electric griddle. Put griddle on the burner and with the healp of the temperature control knob place it at medium heat.Now you can heat the griddle and sprinkle a few drops of water on the griddle to check if the surface is hot enough. Now measure 1/4 cup batter for each pancake and pour onto the hot griddle. Take your time,you can cook 3 or 4 at a time. When bubbles cover surface of pancake and edges look dry, turn over with the pancake turner. When the pancakes turn a golden brown,know ur pancakes are ready.Remove pancakes with pancake turner. Repeat until you use all the batter. Put a little more oil on griddle if pancakes stick. Turn off burner. Serve with syrup or fruit. You can make 7 or 8 pancakes with the batter.